Assistant manager with 14 years experience and MBA holder

Assistant manager with 14 years experience and MBA holder

Postby nitinnigam » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:50 am

EXPERIENCE SUMMARY

About fourteen years of experience in operational tasks and activities with reputed aviation companies and worked with different teams in conjunction -
• To meet departmental, corporate goals and objectives.
• Ensuring Policies & Procedures are implemented and followed covering all aspects of Airside operations in order to ensure its smooth running and development.
• Handling Import and export counter operations, assigning and manifestation. cargo planning, shipment tracing, booking
• Also customer handling, ULD build up, dangerous goods handling and loading.
• To ensure smooth cargo warehouse operations (imports & exports).

OBJECTIVE
I am an experienced professional with fourteen years of experience in the International and Indian aviation industry. I’d like to leverage my experience and skills in driving operational excellence, and build a strong and growing business….Apart from my skills and experience in the aviation sector I have also undergone the following trainings to further hone my skills and abilities.

TRAINING/COURSE COMPLETED
NAME REMARKS
IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations for personnel of cat 6 DGR-6C QSH-006 MAA Attended the training at Chennai India. The contents of this training is according to the requirements for training curricula of the IATA DGR 1.5.2
Lufthansa Cargo IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations It was meant for personnel category.

Experts For Service Packages The training took place in 2004 at Frankfurt, Germany. This training basically covered the 3 new services from Lufthansa Cargo:
• Td services: td-flash, td-pro, td-x
IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations DGR 3C/33 It was the refresher course from LUFTHANSA CARGO in 2003 held at Frankfurt.
Warehousing Refresher-ULD Build up Held at Lufthansa Cargo, Frankfurt, Germany.

Cargo Sales and Handling The basic training from LUFTHANSA CARGO in 1998.This course covered the following topics in brief:
• Fleet of Lufthansa cargo.
• Pallets and containers and their load ability.
• Handling of Dangerous goods and other special loads.
• Documentation –the airway bill and the air cargo manifest.
Ramp safety awareness course This course was held in Doha, Qatar by Qatar Aviation Services highlighting the importance of ramp safety awareness. This training covered various issues and safety precautions to be taken while working on the ramp and airside operations.
ISO Awareness Trainings-Quality Management Systems

Workshop on transformational management skills

This training was held in Delhi, India and was conducted by CSC India Pvt Ltd.This training specifies the requirements for a quality management system.
This training was held in Mumbai and was conducted by CSC India Private Ltd. The major areas of development were as follows:
• Personal effectiveness
• Managerial effectiveness
• Leadership and motivation
• Team building & team working
• Customer Service
• Communication Skills
Workshop on improving soft skills This training was held in Manesar , Gurgaon and was conducted
By Celebi from 28Jan till 30Jan 2012.

WORK EXPERIENCE (In Reverse Chronological Order)

Celebi Delhi Cargo Terminal Management India Private Limited

Location Delhi, India
Designation Operations- Senior Cargo Officer (SCO)
Role and My tasks include:
Responsibility
• Managing and supervising the import loads for flight checks.
• Supervising the segregation of different types of loads according to their nature and storage in their designated areas.
• Managing export cargo movement from the truck dock area till the ramp side and also attending to customer/airlines queries.

Duration Nov 2010- till date.

Cargo Service Centre (csc) subsidiary of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Location Delhi, India
Organization A 100% subsidiary of KLM-AIR FRANCE
Designation Operations-Supervisor
Role And Responsibility My tasks Include:
• Managing and coordinating the airlines at the EICI courier terminal.
• Regular day today meetings with the local customers, courier companies and local customs.
• Preparation of the daily reports regarding the tonnage of courier/cargo import and export wise respectively.
• Co-ordinating and managing the acceptance and loading procedures for courier/cargo.
• In charge of KLM & Deccan imports and exports operations.
• Managing and handling domestic loads of Indigo/Kingfisher/Go Air/Spice jet at our domestic terminal.
Duration Jun 2007 – Oct 2010.

Qatar Aviation Services
Location Doha, Qatar
Organization GSA for QATAR AIRWAYS
Designation Cargo Supervisor
Role And Responsibility My tasks Include:
• Recommend streamlining of processes and/or procedural improvement to increase operation efficiency.
• Keep the senior managers apprised of any issues, problems
• Check import/export documentation to determine cargo contents.
• Assemble containers and pallets used to transport items such as machines or vehicles.

Duration April 2006 – May 2007

Lufthansa Cargo (German Airlines)
Location IGI Airport, New Delhi, India
Organization Globe Ground India Pvt Ltd. (A 100% Subsidy of Lufthansa Cargo)
Designation Supervisor
Role And Responsibility Initially my responsibilities were of operational type and in the later stages it shifted more towards supervisory tasks.

The supervisory responsibilities were:
• Expedite the movement of shipments and arrange for the pickup of freight or cargo for delivery to loading platforms.
• Monitor and organize activities of workers engaged in loading.
• To ensure policies and procedures are implemented and followed covering all aspects of airside operations.
• To promote positive motivational working environment for employees through leadership.

The operational activities included:
• Direct delivery trucks to shipping doors, and help load and unload goods safely.
• Retrieve stored items and trace lost shipments as necessary
• Organize the activities of workers to assemble containers and crates used to transport items such as machines or vehicles.

Duration May 2000 – April 2006

Lufthansa Cargo (German Airlines)
Location IGI Airport, New Delhi, India
Organization Lufthansa Cargo India (LCI) Pvt. Ltd. (A Subsidiary of Lufthansa Cargo)
Designation Cargo officer
Role And Responsibility My role as a cargo officer included the following duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for dispatching the flight with maximum space utilisation.
• Responsible for palletization of cargo in various types of loading devices.
• Taking special care of handling for express cargo like perishables, human remains, valuables, dangerous goods etc.
• Responsible for direct sales with customers and making bookings.
Duration Feb 1998 – May 2000

PERSONAL DETAILS
Name Nitin Nigam
Email nitin_nigam2k@yahoo.co.in
Contact No. 9958135770

Nationality Indian
Date of Birth 14th September 1975
Address Flat no A-40 second floor, South city-II, Gurgaon-122018, Haryana.

PASSPORT DETAILS
Indian Passport Number A7737510
Place of Issue New Delhi, India
Date of Issue 14-07-1999
Valid Until 13-07-2019

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
• Pursuing post-graduate diploma in Business Management (Part Time) from Institute of Integrated Learning and Management.
• B.COM (Honours) in 1997 from Delhi University
• Higher Secondary Examination with First Division (69%) from CBSE Board.

OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
• Successfully completed six months course in computer software from NIIT in network centered computing.
• Having knowledge of MS-DOS, Windows, MS Office and Internet.
• Also pursuing DG course from Bird Academy, New Delhi.
nitinnigam

Return to Post Ground Staff Resumes